Ask yourself, how do we measure if our safety program is effective?
OSHA has established a master list of 58 “Effectiveness Questions” for all organizations, nation-wide. They fall into the sections below:
- Does top management see S&H as a high priority?
- Does top management consider S&H as a line function?
- Does top management provide staff the needed support for S&H?
- Do managers personally follow S&H policies?
- Do managers delegate authority to personnel to get the job done?
- Do managers allocate resources to personnel to get the job done?
- Do managers make sure staff has appropriate training?
- Do managers support fair and effective policies for S&H performance?
- Is top management involved in planning and evaluation for S&H?
- Does top management value employee involvement on S&H issues?