This section will teach you:
- How a fire occurs, classes of fire, and choosing the correct means to extinguish each type of fire.
- Potential fire hazards in the workplace, and fire prevention strategies.
- How to evaluate fires, assess firefighting resources, and determine a course of action.
- Types of portable fire extinguishers and how to operate them.
- How to decide if you should attempt to extinguish a fire and how to approach and extinguish a fire safely.
- The importance of teamwork when dealing with a fire.
- How to identify potentially dangerous materials in storage or in transit.