This section will teach you:
- What defines a disaster, and who makes up the response workforce.
- The potential effect of extreme emergencies and disasters on transportation; electrical service; telephone communications; fuel; food; water and shelter; and emergency services.
- Potentially hazardous conditions in various types of structures and their contents during a disaster.
- What to do to reduce the risk of damage from hazards that threaten your area.
- How you can prepare in advance to reduce structural and nonstructural hazards and survive the initial period after a disaster.
- How your Business can prepare in advance to respond